This call aims to fill one full-time faculty position for the School of Engineering at Catholic University of the North (Chile) in Computer Science.
The academic position duties:
- Scientific research with indexed publication results.
- Undergraduate and graduate teaching.
- Academic management activities related to teaching and research.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science (essential), area of specialization in Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Cyber-security, Applied Data Science, or similar areas
- Bachelor of Engineering, or equivalent granted from an accredited program and University and obtained in a regular program with full-time dedication.
- At least seven (7) indexed publications WoS (JCR) in the last five years or a plan to achieve this in the next two years.
- It is a desirable experience in international research teams, undergraduate and graduate teaching.
- Proficiency in the Spanish language (applicants not fluent in Spanish should show a willingness to acquire enough ability to teach in one year).
- Advanced level of the English language.
Applicants are required to provide:
- A CV, including employment history. The CV should include the top 10 publications WoS (JCR) or Core A+/A/B/C. Each publication should contain (if applicable) DOI, ISSN, JCR Impact Factor, and JCR quartile.
- Application letter indicating interest in the position.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Copy of diplomas and degrees.
- A research plan for the next five years.
- Certificate of Antecedents (only for Chilean applicants)
- Work letters that indicate the position, period, and institution in which she/he has worked.
Availability is required no later than August 1, 2021.
Based on the submitted information, a pre-selection will be carried out. Preselected applicants will be invited to an interview by the Academic Committee, which is the final responsibility for the hiring decision. The selected candidate starts a non-tenure position for one or two years; subsequently, the chosen candidate may apply for a tenure position.
Following Chilean Law no. 20.422 that establishes rules on equal opportunities and social inclusion of people with disabilities, the Catholic University of the North seeks to ensure that the selection processes are developed under equal conditions for all people, for this reason, the applicants can inform if they require support devices, adjustments to the instruments used during the selection process.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS TO firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Monday, May 31, 2021, 6:00 p.m. (Chilean Time)